One of the top trainers in NYC

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Life And Stylez


Being in the entertainment industry, sometimes its hard to hold on to a sense of normalcy. With a schedule so hectic, there is no doubt your diet and exercise regimen will suffer at some point. Well in Laura Stylez  case, its a little harder than the average person. If she's not off globetrotting the world for Hennessy, or hosting a party somewhere in the states you can always catch the lovely Laura Stylez, on the airwaves at Hot97. I've known Laura for about 7-8 years. We first met when I was a young buck trainer, and she was an associate producer for the Star and Bucwild morning show. 

She recently hit me up wanting to start boxing again. This time, with a few more of her girls. She is part of the elite Heavy Hitters crew and and no doubt does she carry that moniker when she puts on the gloves.
Here's a quick Q&A with Laura Stylez.

Q. Whats your current occupation.
A. I'm a radio/media personality.

Q. What does that entail?
A. I'm a "radio personality" but I juggle a number of jobs. I do voice over work (in Spanish/English), host/produce events, clubs work as a brand ambassador for Hennessy   

Q. How did you get started in radio?
A. Its something I always wanted to do. I started by assisting ,grabbing coffee to staying late and learning the ins and outs of radio. I was lucky to be around radio legends who really guided me.

Q. Who taught you the most in radio?
A. I have a number of people I look up to and who have helped me. Monie love gave me my first shot and also Ed Lover. But my mentor now is DJ Enuff. He's taught me a lot about the music business and radio politics. 

Q. How crazy is your schedule?
A. its different every day. I can start as early as 4am to as late as 12pm. It changes daily.

Q.  Do you find it hard to lead a healthy lifestyle?
A. Yes! I'm constantly out and around people who just eat junk food or live off of vending machines.
I try to find healthy alternatives all the time. 

Q. Whats your diet like?
A. I cut out most junk food and quit soda. I rarely eat red meat and I don't eat pork. My weakness is food like Mexican or Indian. But i'm  sticking to more greens and juices with protein during the week and treat myself on the weekends.

Q. What is your current workout routine?
A. I just started to do cardio 2-3 times a week and a boxing class.

Q. What is your fitness goal?
A. I'm trying to loose 20 lbs and be at my ideal weight. 

Q. Do you you feel pressure to look a certain way being a woman in entertainment and do you feel pressure looking a certain way being from a Latin background?
A. Yes! Even though i'm in radio, I still have to host red carpets, video interviews and keep up with these super skinny girls,lol.

Q. Whats your biggest accomplishment so far?
A. Landing a 2 year endorsement deal with Hennessy, traveling the world hosting events and being a part of the number #1 Hip Hop station in the country/world Hot97

Q. Are you happy?
A. Getting there. When I reach my fitness goal and feel comfortable showing a little skin,then i'll be happy!

You can check Laura out at laurastylez.com or at her Facebook page facebook.com/pages/Laura-Stylez. You can also follow her on twitter @LauraStylez and also follow her on Instagram at LauraStylez.

2 comments:

  1. i like that she seems honest about her lifestyle and that shes just like all of us trying to loose weight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts!

 
Pin It button on image hover